Brochure Site Syndrome (BSS) is a set of signs and symptoms that indicate you have been unable to successfully transition to a sales focused website with the outcome that it is hurting your business and costing you time and money.
The brochure or business card site is sooooo yesterday and in today’s competitive environment if you have the opportunity to build or upgrade your site then you need to be aware of BSS so you can jump straight to developing a sales focused website.
Not only does BSS cost you time and money but it can hurt your brand and send the wrong message about your business. A business that suffers from BSS will create doubt in your prospects mind, create unnecessary objections and lengthen your sales process.
How to recognise if you have BSS :
- You still consider your website to be an annoying expense (as opposed to an ongoing investment).
- You haven’t updated your website in the last 3 months.
- You keep apologising to prospects, clients and networks about the state ofyour site.
- You still think that having something on your site is better than not having one at all.
- You still believe in the “build it and they will come” philosophy.
- You don’t have a blog.
- You wish the whole social media thing would go away so you don’t have to worry about any of it.
- You don’t understand why people no longer choose to trust or believe what you write about your business and products.
- You don’t want to have to spend money or time or allocate resources to attend to your site.
- The web doesn’t apply to your business. You don’t want to attract “those” sort of people as clients.
- Once upon a time someone told you your website was good so you don’t see any need to change anything.
- You feel it’s all a conspiracy to get you to spend more time and money on marketing.
- You want instant results and don’t understand why you would have to allocate an ongoing monthly investment into your website.
- You are still thinking you can develop a sales focused website for a small one of expense.
If you have any of the above symptoms then consult your web adviser immediately.
Have an amazing day